In the Indian market, banks offer various other services, including:
- Credit Cards: Credit cards let you spend now and pay later.
- Debit Cards: Debit card is linked to the bank account of the spender and the money is debited from the account.
- Online Banking/Mobile Banking: Mobile/Online banking is the use of a mobile device, such as a smartphone or tablet, to access and manage one’s banking accounts and conduct various financial transactions.
- Locker Facility: It is a rented locker that a bank offers to store valuables to keep one’s valuables safe.
- Insurance Products: Offering life, health, and other insurance plans.
- Investment Services: It is a special segment of banking operation that helps individuals or organisations to raise capital and provide financial consultancy services to them.
- Currency Exchange and Money Transfer-Currency exchange is physical money that is usually done over the counter at a teller stations. Money transfer means electronic funds transfer. It is also known as Wire transfer.
- Remittance Services: Transferring funds domestically and internationally.
- Demat Account: Holding and trading shares and securities electronically.
These services cater to various banking needs and make financial management more convenient for customers.