GST is levied on the ‘transaction value’. The taxable value of supply under GST includes:
- Except GST, any taxes, duties, cess, fees, and charges levied under any Act.
- GST Compensation Cess will be excluded if charged separately by the supplier.
- Any amount paid or payable by the supplier that the recipient has incurred but not added in the price.
- Any expenses incurred in relation to the supply like transport etc. should be included in the value.
- Other than Government subsidies, all subsidies received for the supply shall be included.
- Interest payable for delayed payment of consideration is also included.
- Value of supply excludes discount if it is given on the invoice or when it is given post supply as a part of agreement entered into at the time of supply and the recipient reverses the proportionate credit.